What is Engineering?
Engineering is a 4 years Degree course. in which 6 semesters and each semester contain different subjects like mathematics, drawing, machine design, etc. Each semester is having a duration of 6 months including holidays.
In Engineering there are multiple streams like mechanical, electrical, civil, computer engineering and many more stream's which are you choose on your own interests
How Engineering is done?
Engineering is done after completion of 12th in Science mathematics group by giving CET, JEE & JEE mains exams. Or by doing 3-year diploma in engineering course.
How many ways to enter engineering?
There are currently 2 options for access to engineering. Using 2 options you can get your admission to the best college according to your merit.
Your quality means that if your marks are good then you can get a reputed and high-quality college and through that college, you can get good knowledge and a high package job in a good company.
To doing Engineering there are two ways that are available now. Those ways are the following:-
1) 10+2 by giving CET and JEE
After the 10th choose science and in which choose mathematics group. After that, the entrance of Engineering depends on your 12th% or CET & JEE marks. If you get better marks in JEE then you will get the Admission for Engineering in reputed colleges like IIT, NIT, COEP, etc.
And if you want to get admission in a good college by doing 11th and 12th then you need 150+ in CET and 200 or 250+ in JEE to get IIT.
2) By Diploma Engineering (Polytechnic)
A diploma in engineering is a short term 3 years diploma course. In which there are a total of 6 semesters and each semester has different subjects. And after 6 months of the semester, there is an exam. It has a wide variety of branches to choose from.
In Diploma you can choose any stream according to your interest like mechanical, civil, electrical, computer engineering, etc. After Diploma you will get direct second-year Admission in engineering on the basis of your diploma final year aggregate %. So, here in diploma, you will get good marks in the final year then you will get good and reputed colleges except IIT & NIT.
There is only one drawback to get degree Admission after diploma i.e the limited seats. Yes, there are only 10% of seats are reserved for diploma students to get a degree in Engineering Admission.
-What is the criteria to get admission to DSE direct second year engineering?
To get admission in Engineering through Diploma (Polytechnic), the marks of the final year of your diploma are looked at.
This means that the aggregates of the 5th and 6th semesters of your diploma are looked at. If your final year aggregate is good, you get a good college.
-How many seats in the direct second year engineering admission after diploma?
There are a few limited seats in the direct second year of Engineering. From 2019, the number of seats to get admission in engineering by doing a diploma has been decreased from 20 to 10.
This means that before 2019, the direct second-year diploma holder had 20 seats for each college, but if it is reduced by 10% from 2019, then at present, there are only 10 seats for each college. Each of these 10 seats has a different number of seats.
What is the [CAP] Centralized Admission Process?
Maharashtra uses for giving admission to diploma students in direct second year engineering i.e CAP the long-form of CAP is ‘Centralized Admission Process’.
For direct second year engineering admission there are 3 CAP Rounds and 1 Extra Round i.e spot round or spot admission.
the Student who wants to get the direct second year admission in engineering those students fill the option form through CAP on CET-CELL official website.
What are the Options form?
Options form is a form in which each student can choose or select their own interested & favorite colleges. In which students can fill the number of colleges names in which he/she wants to get admission in direct second year engineering.
Direct Second Year Engineering degree (DSE) Admission 2023-24 Application Form Fees:-
The eligible candidates for the direct second year engineering admission are required to fill the application form Online on CET-CELL official website.
The Fees for filling the Application form online for direct second engineering admission is given below category wise:-
Fees In Rs
General (Open) Category Candidates
Reserved (OBC,NT,SC,VJNT, etc) Category candidates
Persons with Disability candidates
The process to fill the online application form for direct second year engineering:-
· As per instructions, all required information is mandatory to fill
1) Fill the
application form through CAP on the FC center.
3) Scanned the required original documents and upload them as per requirement.
4) After the above step pays the required application fees as per your category which is mentioned in the above table.
5) All these processes you can do at the FC center.
6) FC centers are doing all these processes free of cost.
7) After filling all application form you can recheck/cross-check your all details again one time more.
8) then after that Print your form.
Documents Required for Direct Second Year Engineering Admission 2023-24
Maharashtra Direct Second Year Engineering 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria:-
- The Candidate should be an Indian Citizen is mandatory.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering course with at least 45% marks in appropriate branch of Engineering and Technology from an All India Council for Technical Education or Central or State Government approved Institution or it's equivalent
- In the case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only 40% marks in appropriate branch of Engineering and Technology from an All India Council for Technical Education or Central or State Government approved Institution or its equivalent.
- Candidates passing SSC or HSC and also Diploma in Engineering or Technology from a recognized institution in Maharashtra State
- The candidate who is either Domicile of Maharashtra and/or is born in Maharashtra
- Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Examination and also Diploma in Engineering and Technology or Pharmacy or it's equivalent from a recognized the institution from a Disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area or from Maharashtra, residing in the disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
In case 2 students having the same marks in diploma final year:-
in the case of 2 students having the same marks in diploma final year the relative merit of different candidates shall be resolved in the other which is the highest marks in below subjects which are stated below:-
- SSC Marks
- SSC Marks in Mathematics
- SSC marks in Science
- SSC marks in English
The Direct Second Year engineering admission 2023 process main highlighted points:-
- All engineering admission process is done on CET-CELL official website
- All online work like filling the application form, document scanning, document uploading is done on FC which is free of cost
- After filling the application form on FC then after that, The next process is to fill the option form for CAP round 1
- After filling the option form for CAP round 1 then within a few days result of CAP round, 1 will be displayed
- After the result of the CAP round, 1 student has 2 options for the next step which is
- 1)FREEZE:- If you want the allotted college then you have to FREEZE that college
- 2) FLOAT:- If you don’t want the allotted college and you want a better college in the next CAP Round then you can choose the FLOAT option.
- Download and print the College Allotment Letter after freezing the seat.
- ARC center list is available on the CET-CELL official website.
- visit the nearest ARC center for verification with this printed allotment letter.
- ARC verifies your allotment letter
- Now you visit your allotted college.
- Take admission to your allotted college by submitting documents, respective fees, and an Allotment letter which is verified by ARC.
- Maharashtra all direct second-year DSE/DSY engineering colleges 2023-24 list with their previous year cut-off lists & detailed college information district-wise.
- Check out and click on the below district for the best engineering colleges & Cut-off list in a particular city.